Portal attempts to match incoming documents to existing repository documents when users upload new or revised files to Portal. This helps to prevent misplaced documents by routing new documents for compliance checking and review and adds revised files as new revisions to existing documents. Portal does this matching according to rules that you specify.
Each project type can have a different rule that determines how one document matches another according to its metadata, not its content:
- Item ID – assigned only to documents that originate in Portal
- Master Document Number – assigned only to documents that originate in Meridian Enterprise
A rule can result in a positive match based all or a specified part of the property value.
To configure document matching:
- On the Meridian Portal Landing page, in the navigation bar, click the Account Settings icon . The Account Settings page appears.
- In the menu, click Document Settings. The Document Settings page appears.
- Click the Matching Criteria tab to open it. The current matching criteria appear.
- In the toolbar, select a project type from the list for which you want to set its criteria. The settings for the selected project type appear.
- Click options or type values using the descriptions in the following table.
- Click Save.
Select Allow or Deny to control the uploading of new documents.
Select the default status of the incoming document when matching succeeds. The user may still override it with their own selection.
Select a property from the list to be the basis for matching.
Select an option to specify a restriction on the matching characters:
The Date value option is useful when previously downloaded documents are updated, renamed to include a new date, and then uploaded back to Portal. This feature is enabled by feature toggle MatchIgnoreDate.
View the onscreen tooltips for examples.