When documents are submitted to a project by contractors or contributors, the documents must pass compliance checking before they can be routed for work. This compliance can consist of different types of checks.
These data management checks can be done by Meridian Portal:
- File is empty
- Missing CAD references
- Required properties not complete
- Source file not included
- Rendition file not included
- Title has changed
- Source file has not changed
- Rendition file has not changed
- Revision number is not sequential
The results of these checks are shown:
- In the Compliance column of document lists
- In the Details tab of a document’s Properties page
- When comparing documents as described in Compare Document Metadata Revisions
- When uploading documents as described in Submit New Or Revised Documents
- When importing document properties as described in Import Document Properties
- When sending a document as described in Send Packages
- When releasing a document as described in Release Documents
If your organization requires design or business information management checks, those must be done by humans in the Compliance Check state shown in the workflow diagram in Workflow Actions.
Meridian Portal allows you to configure which data management checks it performs for each project type and when in the workflow it performs them.
You must be assigned to the Tenant Administrator role to perform this task.
To configure the compliance rules:
- On the Meridian Portal Landing page, in the navigation bar, click the Account Settings icon . The Account Settings page appears.
- In the menu, click Document Settings. The Document Settings page appears.
- Click the Compliance Rules tab to open it. The Compliance Rules list appears and shows the current rules.
- In the toolbar, select a project type from the list for which you want to set its compliance rules. The settings for the selected project type appear.
- In the toolbar, click Edit to change the current settings. The settings become editable.
- In each compliance rule row, select an action for each action column using the descriptions in the following table.
- Click Save.
Allows the action to proceed without warning.
Displays a warning that the document does not comply with the rule.
Prevents the action from proceeding and displays a warning that the document does not comply with the rule.