Revised documents can be reviewed in Meridian Portal by one or more project members.
The reviewers use the workflow shown in the following picture.
Reviewers can participate in one of these roles:
- Lead reviewer – collates the annotations made by other reviewers as described in Finalizing a review. They can then close the review as described in Completing a review.
- Required reviewers – must respond to the review before it can be finalized
- Optional reviewers – may respond to the review but are not required
A Document Controller routes the documents in a package to the reviewers.
- See the contents of the package as described in View Review Packages.
- Download the documents to review them as described in Download Documents From Review Packages.
- View comments and annotations made by others as described in View Document Comments.
- Add comments and annotations as described in Add Document Comments.
- Register a summary of their review as described in Respond About a Document.
Members can review the package in parallel without fear of overwriting each others' comments. Meridian Portal stores each reviewer's response separately but also combines them so that everyone’s comments are visible to the entire review team.
When the package is completed by the lead reviewer, it is sent back to the Document Controller where it can be routed for approval to release as described in Send Documents For Approval.To send documents for review:
- Select For Review from the Issue Reason list when you send the documents as described in Send Packages.