Notes are the text of the text-type annotations described in Annotating a document:
- Free text
- Comment Notes
And also the text that can be added to any non-text annotation.
Notes appear in the Notes panel in the Meridian Portal viewer. The text of the notes also appears in the Comments or Collated Comments list on the Document Details page of the document.To view the notes for a document:
- Open the document in the Meridian Portal viewer.
- Click the Toggle Notes Panel icon at the right end of the toolbar if the panel is not already open. Be careful to not confuse it with the similar looking Comment Note icon in the annotation tools palette. The Notes panel opens and lists all of the notes that have been added to the document.
- Click a note box to see the annotation to which it is attached.
- Click the note options icon . The note options panel appears.
- Click Document to sort the notes panel according to the location of the notes in the document.
- Click Time to sort the notes panel according to the time in which the notes were added to the document.
- Type keywords in the search box. The matching text is highlighted in the note boxes.
- Click the Show/Hide button to toggle the visibility of the annotations.
- Type in the text box that shows the prompt Enter a reply and then click Reply.
- Click Save.