Every document in Portal is assigned a Revision Number value when it is added to the system. This number uniquely identifies each revision of the document and together with the document number described in Configuring the document number syntax is key to the system tracking every document regardless of what happens to it. The number is a configurable combination of major and minor number elements. You configure the syntax by selecting the format of each of the elements that comprise a complete revision number. You may define a separate syntax for each document type. When configured as described in this topic, the elements are automatically incremented as described in How revision numbers work.
You must be assigned to the Tenant Administrator role to perform this task.
- On the Meridian Portal Landing page, in the navigation bar, click the Account Settings icon . The Account Settings page appears.
- In the menu, click Document Properties. The Document Properties list appears and shows the properties that are available in your tenancy.
- Click the Settings icon in the Revision row. The Document Revision Number dialog box appears. Examples of complete revision numbers are shown for reference.
- Click options or type values using the descriptions in the following table.
- When you are finished defining the syntax, click Save.
Select a document type from the list to which the syntax definition will apply.
|Major number style/|
Minor number style
Select a number style from the list for the major revision number (left of period) and for the minor revision number (right of the period).
|Major number incremental moment|
Select an option for when the major revision number element should be incremented.
|Initial version blank (Major)/|
Initial version blank (Minor)
Enable the corresponding option if you want the first major or minor revision number to be blank (not a number or letter). Select a value from Shown as to indicate how the blank number should be indicated.