When a released document is sent for revision, Meridian Portal does the following:
- Creates a working copy of the released document for the recipient. Other team members will see the latest released revision of the document.
- Increments the major revision number of the working copy.
- Sets the minor revision number of the working copy to 1.
The following picture shows the workflow of the working copy.
To send documents for revision:
You must be assigned to the Project Owner or Document Controller role to perform this task.
- Add the documents that you want to send to the clipboard as described in Adding documents to the clipboard.
- View the clipboard as described in Viewing the clipboard.
- In the toolbar, click the Actions icon and then click Revise released documents on the menu that appears. A confirmation dialog box appears.
- Click Yes. The documents are routed from the Released state to the For Routing state.
- Send the package to the project member responsible for revising the documents as described in Send Packages.