The Lookup and Hierarchical Lookup property types can support many standard values. You can manage the values manually as described in Viewing and editing lookup property values or you can manage them with spreadsheets as described in this task.
Importing new lookup property values does not affect existing document property values. If existing document property values do not match the lookup values, a warning is shown when a user edits the document metadata and they must select a new, valid value.
You must be assigned to the Tenant Administrator role to perform this task.To export lookup property values:
- On the Meridian PortalLanding page, in the navigation bar, click the Account Settings icon . The Account Settings page appears.
- In the menu, click Document Properties. The Document Properties list appears and shows the properties that are available in your tenancy.
- Click the Menu icon of the property for which you want to export its values and then click Export on the menu that appears. A comma-separate value (CSV) file is downloaded to your browser where you can open or save it. This file contains the current Label and Code values for the property. If the property is of the type Lookup, the file contains one set of Label and Code values. If the property is of the type Hierarchical Lookup, the file contains four sets of Label and Code values so that you can provide unique values for every combination.
- Export the current values as described in the preceding task.
- Edit the CSV file in your favorite spreadsheet editor and save your changes in UTF-8 comma-delimited (CSV) format.
- Click the Menu icon of the property for which you want to import its values and then click Import on the menu that appears. The Import lookup values dialog box appears.
- Click Import .csv. An Open dialog box appears.
- Select the file that you edited in step 2 and click Open. The file is uploaded to Meridian Portal and the results are shown.
- Click Close.
Please sign in to leave a comment.