A property is a document metadata field that is a member of a property set and that can appear on a property tab. Portal provides predefined sets of system properties that are available to all projects as described in Standard property descriptions. Of those properties, you may only edit the values that are available for the lookup type properties as described in Viewing and editing lookup property values. Portal also supports a set of configurable custom properties that are available to all project repositories.
- You may add up to 25 custom properties.
- Custom properties may only be of the Text, Lookup (Hierarchical Lookup not supported), or Date/Time data type.
- Custom text properties are limited to 50 characters.
You must be assigned to the Tenant Administrator role to perform this task.
- In the toolbar, click Add. The Add property dialog box appears.
- Click options or type values using the descriptions in the following table.
- Click Save. The property is added to the Document Properties list.
Type a permanent internal name (50 characters max.) for the property. Must be unique (case-insensitive) within the project and cannot be changed later.
Type the name (50 characters max.) of the property as you want it to appear to users.
Select the permanent data type. It cannot be changed later.
- In the toolbar, click Edit. The Customized Terminology fields of the properties in the list appear underlined to indicate that you may edit them.
- Edit the desired fields.
- Click Save.
You may only delete properties in which document data has not yet been saved.
- In the row of the property that you want to delete, click the Delete icon . A confirmation dialog box appears.
- Click OK. The property is removed from the Document Properties list.