You can add people to a project that have already worked in another project in Portal and you can invite people that have not yet used Portal to join a project.
Adding people to a project only grants them access to that project. It does not grant them access to any other projects in Portal. Neither does it make them a member of a Portal group, which is required for them to also work in Meridian PowerWeb. For both of those tasks, see Managing user accounts.
When you invite people to join a project, they receive an email invitation with a link to the project and instructions to join the project. If they do not receive the invitation for any reason or they lose the invitation, you can resend it. If the recipient accepts the invitation and joins the project, you will be notified by email.
You must be assigned to the Project owner role to perform these tasks.
- Open the project as described in Opening projects.
Click the members link. The Members page appears.
The areas of the project Members page are:
- Members – lists the users who have been added to the project or have been invited to join the project and that have accepted the invitation
- Pending invitations – lists users who have been invited to join the project but have not yet accepted the invitation
Click Add Member. The Add Member dialog box appears.
To add an existing Portal user:
- On the Add tab, select the users that you want to add from the list or type part of their name, email address, or company name in Search/filter and then select from the filtered list.
- Select a role from the Role list to assign to the new members.
- Click the Add member(s) icon . The selected names are added to the Add member(s) list. If you change your mind and want to remove a user, click the remove icon next to their name.
- If you want to notify the new members by email, enable Notify new member(s) and then type an optional message in Message.
- Click Add. The new members are added to the project.
To invite a new Portal user:
- On the Invite by email tab, click options or type values using the descriptions in the following table. Required fields are indicated by the asterisk (*) character.
- Click Send. The invitation is sent.
Type the email address of the person that you want to invite. You may also drag and drop names from MS Outlook message fields or a column from an MS Excel worksheet. A warning balloon will appear if you enter an invalid email address, an existing invitation for the person is pending, the person is already a member of the project, or their user account is disabled.
|Role||Select a role in the project from the list to assign to the new members.|
Type the message body that you want to send in the invitation.
- Open the project for which you want to resend an invitation as described in Opening projects.
- Click the members link. The Members page appears.
- In Pending invitations, in the row of the invitation that you want to resend, click the Resend Invitation icon . A confirmation dialog box appears.
- Click OK. A new invitation is sent with the same information as the original invitation. The original invitation cannot then be used to join the project.
Please sign in to leave a comment.