Sending a package transfers ownership of the contents of the package to the recipient (unless they are sent for information purposes only) so that they can respond to the documents.
You must be assigned to the Project Owner or Document Controller role to perform this task. The package must contain at least one document.
You may not send read-only packages to Meridian Enterprise. They are for reference only.
After you send a package:
- It cannot be changed in Meridian Portal.
- It cannot be sent again.
- It can be retracted as described in Retract Packages.
- An email notification with a link to the package is sent to the recipient or users with the Document Controller role.
- An entry is added to the audit history of each document as well as to the audit log of the repository.
- The package can be tracked on the Packages page dashboard.
Send a Package
To send a package:
- Add the documents to the clipboard that you want to send as described in Add Documents To the Clipboard.
- View the clipboard as described in View the Clipboard.
- In the toolbar, click Send. The Send Package dialog box appears. If Send is disabled, it could be due to the assignment, workflow, or compliance status of some of the documents.
- Click options or type values using the descriptions in the following table. Required options are indicated by an asterisk (*) next to the option name.
- Click Send. A new package is created and sent.
- To send the same documents with different options, repeat this task.
Select a reason from the list for why you are sending this package:
For a diagram of the available workflows, see Workflow Actions.
Additional reasons may be available that are configured by an Account Administrator as described in Manage Package Issue Reasons.
Select a project member or group from the list. If you select a group, all members of that group will receive a notification, have access to the documents, and any member can respond to the package. If the name of a person to whom you want to send the package to is not on the list, invite them to join the project as described in Add People To Projects. This option is not available if Issue reason is set to For Review. If Issue reason is set to For Handover, the recipient is set to Meridian and cannot be changed.
This is the date by which you want to receive the package recipient’s response. The default date is set according to the project type and the package type settings. Click the field to show a calendar from which you can select a different date. You cannot choose a prior date. If you select a different date, a warning icon will appear next to the field. To revert the date to the default date, click Reset due date in the tooltip.
Type a description of the package or instructions for the recipient.
Select Distribution Matrix if distribution rules for the type of documents being sent have been configured as described in Manage the Distribution Matrix. Select Custom if no rules have been configured or you want to specify an ad hoc review team. This option is only available if Issue reason is set to For Review.
|Modify review team||
If Review team is set to Distribution Matrix, the package will be sent to the recipients that are specified in the rules described in Manage the Distribution Matrix.
If Review team is set to Custom:
This option is only available if Issue reason is set to For Review.